As our country and community continue to navigate the current Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, we want to assure you that our care team is here for you and can offer guidance, information and care.
At this time, the immediate health risk to the average American is considered low. The
patient population at the highest risk for infection are those over the age of 60 with heart
and lung conditions (including COPD or heart failure). For those people in this group, we
strongly encourage you to focus on prevention but still prepare for potential disruption.
Wellspire Office Procedures During COVID-19 Outbreak
Of the utmost importance, however, is managing risk. Therefore, please be aware of the
following guidelines we are implementing immediately for all office visits. These
guidelines are imperative to the safety of both our medical professionals and other
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE IF:
- You have flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, body aches, etc) AND recent international travel or cruise (within the past 30 days)
- You have travelled (or have been in contact with someone who has travelled) to the following high risk countries/states/areas: China, South Korea, Japan, Europe, Iran,
Egypt, New York, Washington or any cruise ship (within the past 30 days) If you have met the criteria above, please call our triage department at 281-446-7173 to arrange testing outside of the Wellspire offices.
COVID-19 Outbreak Prevention
We recommend the following for prevention:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer is a good alternative when washing isn’t possible.
- Wipe down surfaces and countertops in common areas of your home with disinfecting wipes or sprays.
- Refrain from going places where you could be in close proximity to people who may be sick. Avoid being within 6 feet of people who appear to have respiratory symptoms (like frequent coughing). Also try to avoid areas that attract large crowds like malls, movies
Preparing for COVID_19 Disruption
We recommend the following to prepare for possible disruption:
- Be prepared to stay at home for up to 14 days (quarantine period) by having an adequate supply of food, water and other necessities in your home.
- Stay hydrated, well rested and focus on good nutrition to help boost your immune system. These recommendations are specifically for our patients at the highest risk of medical complications from a Coronavirus infection.
For more information, you can visit www.cdc.gov for the most current information
regarding the Coronavirus outbreak and guidance.Wellspire Medical Group continues to be committed to supporting our patients and their needs. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 281-446-7173 or contact us through the patient portal.
Wellspire Medical Group
1702 FM 1960 Bypass Rd. East
Humble, TX 77338